Monday 2 February 2009

Gramps funeral

So it was Gramps funeral on Thursday... I suppose you could say it went as expected. My dad not thinking of anyone but himself and his wife made it emotional and odd in the same token. A good turn out ensured him a good send off though. It was good to see people I'd not seen for a long time, it just goes to show how respected and thought about he was.
May, myself, Cara and Dom went over to the hospital to visit Grandma after the wake. I was worried that all four of us rocking up dressed in black might alarm her but she took it all in her stride. Even though we didn't mention the funeral, I think she knew. She asked whether we had anything to tell her... I think we were too scared to tell her where we'd come from. Despite this, Grandma was on top form and was making us all laugh with her kooky ways and wild wild hair.
It was a long day traveling to Bournemouth and back in a day, the rudeboys sitting opposite us on the way back didn't help at all, and I felt drained by the time we got back to mine. Heavy day.

1 comment:

Kyleigh said...

I love this card, Merp