Monday 16 February 2009

Sofa so good!

By Friday night I had packed up everything I own and moved it into the living room, that evening I found myself sitting on a bare mattress on the floor watching a portable tv on the floor and eating a tin of cold ravioli out of the tin... You'll be pleased to know that 24 hours later my circumstances had changed considerably!
I picked up the van and a hungover Jonny Herbert by midday and we hotfooted it back to Commercial Road to pick up May the bag lady. We had a close scrape at McDonalds before heading back to Bethnal to pick up the first of my stuff. It was a long day and even though Herbert was a Godsend, the McSlump really affected him and he was drifting in and out of consciousness all afternoon. May's mum and dad turned up for the 'bed swap' and a spot of fish pie which was ace. I'm pretty sure May's mum is enjoying us moving in just as much as we are!
After everyone had left and I'd driven into town to drop off the now catatonic Herbert, May and I had a lovely bubbly ending to the most exciting Valentine's days I've ever had.
The following morning, as I still had the van, Ikea's bright lights beckoned us over to the heady heights of Edmonton. This time we didn't have any help, which made the upgrade from tired looking existing futon to brand new sofabed even more of a challenge... But nothing we couldn't handle. After a few huffs and puffs, the wrapping was off and Reading Corner™ was looking the bollocks.
Notice how I strike a marked resemblance to Dave from Chas 'n' Dave after finding a flat cap in a box!

No comments: