Tuesday 10 February 2009

Sister sledge

Another good weekend... Wow, I'm starting to see a pattern emerging and I like the smell of it. This weekend was another life-draw-ey weekend, but this time we had to travel to May's mum's house for it. It was grand... and endulgent. We had a luxurious four hours to draw the most ginger-ey woman I have ever seen. The last pose was a mammoth hour and a half, and ol' gingerflange fell asleep halfway through it. I managed to pull off a winner doodle of which I was carried shoulder high around Long Buckby for... But not until after we'd pissed about in the snow for a good couple of hours, sledging about, you know! I even managed to get three inches of icey cold water into my wellies for good measure. Previously I'd watched Bear Grylls surviving in arctic conditions, so I was well prepared and luckily didn't die on my way back to the house.
Kate is getting just as excited as we are about moving in, and has got a list as long as your arm of things she's going to donate to our nest. After drying off, most of Saturday afternoon was spent collecting things from the attic and taking beds apart... We were also given a choice of FOUR toasters, apparently Jas buys a new one every six months whether the old one is broken or not.

No comments: