Tuesday 27 January 2009

Twelve pounds of salad

I forgot to mention the weekend. I love a weekend. Quite quite partial to one. I love waking up without a hangover and actually doing something in the day. It's still a toss-up to whether I prefer big nights out, or cultured Saturdays, so I'm straddling that fence. You could call it the fence of maturity, one day I might topple off and onto the lawn of old age, but at the moment, the view is pretty nice and it's comfortable up here. May and I woke up Saturday morning sans hangover and decided to totter over to Angel for life drawing with Tony Picasso. We arrived late and were hurriedly fisting our Pret sandwiches into our mouths so we could attend class... Somedays you're better than others at drawing, it can depend on the model. This week we had an eighteen year old Taiwanese girl model for us, and I can honestly say she was the best model I've ever drawn. I'm not into Asian babes, but this girl was like a china doll and was able to stay stock still for hours. Miles away from Curvy Michelle and millenia away from that French punk with rotary kebabs for legs, May and I enjoyed her curves and congratulated ourselves on an early afternoon well spent.
After that we ventured out west for a tasty alternate shop from Oxford Street. It was the first time I'd wandered around Whole Foods in Kensington. It's very impressive! May and I got excited about the fine array of foods and spent ages putting various pick and mix salads into a box for our lunch. After we'd done, we went over to weigh our boxes, but decided to leave them both on the side (with all the others) as the scales calculated each box to be just over £12!!... Twelve pounds a salad!!... Fuck that!

No comments: