Wednesday 4 February 2009

Timeless spheres

We met Helen and her family for her private view at the ICA last night. I tell you what, MA students get away with blue murder!... May's mate Angela had created a load of dresses with period blood all over them and a couple of sporrans moulded from her mate's lower beard. Helen had created some (beautifully crafted) handbags out of pet shop pigs ears. She was moaning about the price of them, apparently they've gone up from 50p to a quid... I ask you. I always like reading the blurb that the artists write about their work, it's always cobbled together shite trying to make sense of whatever it is they've created. It never is the other way around. Some guy had written that he was born into a family of Christians and he was influenced by the film Back to the Future. Helen had written about fleshy drapes and timeless spheres... Anyway, we buggered off afterwards for some food. At first I didn't really want to go as my bank card still hasn't arrived, but I thought fuck it, I had helped Helen putting together her book, so I had the minted mutton... Which was nice.

No comments: