Friday 16 January 2009

Classic Colin

Jonny Herbert turned 33 yesterday and we celebrated in typical Pentland-esque style. With that I mean a pub crawl through Kentish Town to Camden. We never made it to the Proud Galleries, and finally stopped at the Hawley Arms. It was a good turn out actually, Aaron and Colin turned up, as well as Design Poolers young and old. Colin had pretty much just got off the plane from his honeymoon in Thailand. I think he enjoyed himself, he looked pretty lobstered. Telling us that it was really cool, really fresh and really different, he likened Chang Mai to Milton Keynes. Expecting him to bring out a handful of Thai money when dipping in at the bar, he informed us that he'd spent his last baht on a tuk-tuk fridge magnet... I'm going to miss his quotes actually. I managed to get a sixty-four page word document at ten point type out of him before he left.

Here are a few at random. I've not got time to go through the lot and choose my favourites. It would take weeks...
"Howard Jones had got a point.. What IS love anyway?"
"There were some great box shots in the gym today. It looked like she had a ballbag... I know some blokes who would be happy with that n'all."
"I've got no time for bad feet"
"I love foreign food me... Chips in Amsterdam, smothered in mayonnaise"
"What do I hate most in the world?... I dunno, I hate so much it's hard to even start.. Somalians?"
"Oooh sex and typography, two of my most favourite things."
"I saw the Wurzels at Alton Towers once. I didn't see them play, they were just there. Queueing for the Corkscrew."
"You forget though, women have got problems all day long... All day long."
"My mate's very right on. He's a militant... He's got a 'Free Palestine' sticker on his snooker cue case."
"I had a mate who was half black and half Scottish. We used to call him 'Chock'."

... Fucking hell... The list is endless. Colin, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Kyleigh said...

The quotes made me laugh out load Mez - MORE! MORE! x

Colin Walsh said...

They made me laugh and I said them.
I gotta get a copy of them quotes man :-)