Monday 26 January 2009

'Father' not 'Fazzer'

It's fun at work recently. I think it's because I'm actually doing things I enjoy, it really makes a difference. I've really cut down in drinking in the week as I'm so useless with a hangover, and can't afford to sit at my desk pissing about any more, especially as the department shake-up has left me sitting with my screen exposed for all to see... No matter on Friday though as I wasn't at my desk anyway, I was down the recording studio with Ben and Will 'laying down' the voice over and backing track to the Lacoste animations I'm doing. Ha! I say studio.. we weren't allowed to pull the flush as you'd hear the sounds of the cistern over the mic! Anyway, I was there directing this French guy called Nicola how to say 'father' and not 'fazzer'... every time he'd tell us he'd got it and in recordings he'd revert back to his gallic ways. We'd even got him a couple of cans of Stella to lubricate and loosen, but after half a can he was struggling more than ever, apologising and telling us over the mic that he was 'feeling a leedle beet tipsy'.... We got it finished eventually, it's amazing how a slight intonation and accentuation change can really make a sentence mean something else. Like that guy off 'Allo 'Allo... "Ah was just pissing by..."

No comments: