Monday 1 December 2008

Norfolkin' Good

What a lovely weekend! Friday was pretty dull though, and went pretty slowly. At four-thirty Aaron said his fond farewells and bid Pentland a final goodbye.As  we're all off on Thursday to have a final knees-up, I didn't stick around Friday night, besides they'd only brought in three bottles of wine between fifteen of us... I grabbed my bag and hopped on the first train (available) to North Norfolk to spend the weekend with May and her parents. I'd not seen her for a week so she really was a sight for sore eyes! Even though the weather was pretty dismal, we spend the weekend going on long walks. Shingle, beach and forest, we were there. I tell you what, you appreciate a toasty warm open log fire much much more after a four hour walk in the pissing cold driving rain, that's for sure!... When we weren't out, we were in, not one droplet of television ensured we were mentally agile for the Rummikub and knockout whist. We dined on the freshest mussels, the softest of silt-free cockles and the most locally dressed crab. I didn't even have time to see what the crab had come dressed as, it was in my mouth and down my gullet before you could say Hunstanton Spice Museum.
I'm so made up that May loves pickled seafood. It makes my heart miss a beat. She really is a girl after my own heart.

No comments: