Tuesday 16 December 2008

Pig in blanket

It's all winding down here at work. Yesterday I cleared my desk and emptied my drawers in preparation for the post-Christmas shake-up. It was depressing seeing what I'd had in there, a bit like an archaeological dig, I was unearthing things from years ago I'd long since forgotten about, and realising that I'd been here sat at my desk for a long time. Things you keep, thinking 'I'll use that one day', you soon realise are pieces of worthless junk, fit for nothing but the recycle bin. Anyway, my desk looks like it can breathe again and the Lego Millenium Falcon can now be rehoused at my desk at home! (I'm not getting rid of that!)
We had our work Christmas meal in the canteen this afternoon. Talk about depressing!... Last year we complained en mass as it was so bad, so you'd expect them to up their game a little!... There was a huge mouth-watering display turkey besides where we collected our plated-up lunch. I think it was there to show us what we could have won. All I had on my plate was re-formed turkey roll, a pile of yellow potatoes and some parsnip. Following last years tradition we each got one solitary pig in blanket. Yummy.
We're off out for a department long lunch tomorrow, so I'm hoping the 32 day hung sirloin steak cooked in dripping might taste a little better. I'll let you know... Incidentally did you know that Sirloin was so called as King James the first knighted his dinner.
Another one of those same time tomorrow.

No comments: