Monday 15 December 2008

First Christmas

I feel really run down today. I'm not sure whether it's due to excessive Christmas consumption or whether I've caught Kyleigh's cold over the weekend. I just hope it's not the latter because if I'm ill this week, I could infect someone else and they'll be knocked sideways for Christmas and NOBODY likes a sickly child. Anyway, I've stocked up on Echinacea and vitamin C, building barricades in preparation for a pounding.
First Christmas was astounding over the weekend. Really enjoyable. Vintage year! Everything went well, it was brilliant to see everyone, and it meant so much to me that everyone got along so well with May. She did brilliantly entertaining everyone and she slotted right in to the family. We were all introduced to the newest addition of the family, Louise and Mark's baby Owen. I'd met him before but that was Christmas last year... What a difference a year makes, he's a right boon at parties! At 15 months is already dancing and larking about with one of the bigggest grins I'd seen on a young man. Mum did a fantastic job with keeping us fed and watered. The food and drink was top notch, we were still on the bubbly by 5pm which means they must have stocked up! The meal was planned a little earlier this year so we'd have more of the day left to much about, and even though we didn't actually play any family games, we had such a laugh singing, dancing and joking around until we flopped, spent into bed.
Same time next year, then?

No comments: