Monday 22 December 2008

Ticker tape tokens

The Christmas party was tough. I made a 'genuinely phenomenal' entrance but I left with my tail between my staggering legs... I was still feeling the effects on Saturday evening to be honest. Our department met at a local pub before and we'd had about four or five pints before we'd arrived at the venue, which got things moving. The venue was a slightly corporate hotel function room, with a dancefloor separating two groups of tables. When we got there we were issued with four drinks tokens. Instantly I thought it would be the driest party I'd ever been to. There was no-one on the dancefloor so to 'get the party started' I handed someone my drink, took a run up and slid the entire length of the floor on my knees. Bravo. The whole place erupted and I naturally hammed it up with a couple of low bows. From then on it was carnage. There might as well had been a ticker tape parade with drinks tokens! When Andy was announcing the winners of the fancy dress, the drumkit was empty so I jumped on and drumrolled each entry as it was being read out. There was even a bit of time for some fresh beats before the drummer from the band gave me some fresh beats for showing him up on his own kit! 
Needless to say it was quite quiet in work on Friday, aside from the groans and moans.

No comments: