Friday 28 November 2008

Hell and handbags

Word. Yesterday I was emailed a 20% discount flyer for all shops in and around Carnaby Street. The offer was only on from 7-9pm and so I thought I may well head down. It seems the rest of London got the same email... I eventually found myself in what can only be descibed as Dante's vision of Nether Hell. People were shopping like they have an unlimited budget and only one day left to live. Carnage at Carnaby Street... I got in, got the job done and got out. Pity the fools who were queueing for a free crépe and cocktail. They're probably still there.
After a much needed Wong Keis, I headed home to help Helen with her haute couture handbag handbook. She designs pretty fantastic and outlandish high-end leather bags and is currently putting a book together. Here is an example of her work.

No comments: