Wednesday 10 December 2008

The youngest in the crowd

Yesterday I was busy, and slightly tired from a night out at the Hammersmith Apollo where we saw the Steel City Tour. I'd had the tickets for yonks and the day finally arrived for me to see ABC and Human League on the same stage... I mean, I'm not a MASSIVE fan of either of them, but I do like a spot of polished Trevor Horn production and recently have found myself tapping my toes.
I thought ABC were amazing, even though, as Whatley rightly pointed out, Martin Fry looked like a head teacher, and we were the youngest in the crowd... The sound quality was tops and I was able to belt out the lyrics to All of my Heart and Date Stamp with the overweight aging and balding crowd! They went to town with the stage n'all... Everything from the single spotlighted sax player to the logo projected at an angle over the red stage curtain. So 80's it hurt.
Human League weren't bad either, but I'd seen them before. However, it was good to sing along to Electric Dreams. The light show was astounding, flicking through every world leader whilst they played Being Boiled... Funny how they have no problem showing those images when we can't even get a picture of Boris Becker signed off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - I now know where Whatters was on Tuesday night!