Thursday 5 March 2009

Sushi with friends

After a busy weekend, May and myself were flagging slightly and also relatively fearful of a pre-planned evening out with a Whatley, catching up with Martin and Sandra who are over from Toronto for a few days. As it didn't need to get massively boozy, I did the decent thing and booked Asakusa in Mornington Crescent. It took us out of the pub and into the best sushi restaurant I know of. I'm happy we got a seat as that place is normally packed. You can imagine the look on Whatley's face when his teriyaki beef finally arrived. He'd already had a few pints and was starving hungry. We'd previously met in the pub round the corner, when Whatley presented himself I was killing time with a sukuko or two. It took a second, Whatley looked around noticed I was on my own and did 'The Laugh'. I'd not heard it for a while and it was warmly welcomed. Martin's fragile stomach dictated their late arrival, we said our hellos and all walked the short distance to sushi heaven. We ate and drank well, possibly making more noise than necessary for a Monday night, possibly pissing off the other punters in the process. Hey ho, Martin and Sandra are a lovely couple, as ever it was brilliant to catch up.
The 253 took myself and the by now snoozy May from directly outside the restaurant back to our door to rest easy. Easy.

No comments: