Thursday 5 March 2009

Maggage

It's been all quiet on the blog front recently, it's not that there's no news to report, I've just been a lazy bastard. I've realised that if I don't tap in now, the details will be lost in the annuls of time like spaghetti slipping through the holes in a colander, I've just got to pick up that slithery memory before it slips down the plughole for ever.
So, last Thursday I went out with Maggie as I've not seen her for ages and a catch-up was long overdue. She's doing well for herself and as ever she amazed me with a couple of quiet bolts from the blue. It turns out she's recently been directing and rather than get into it through promo-work and short film, she's been producing for ages and now worked her way up to the heady height of director for various Coke commercials, one of which is taking her to New Zealand for a couple of weeks, a brief breather before she moves out there on a more permanent basis in September where she will concentrate on Pavlova - The Movie.
After the quick Vietnamese and some bring-your-own, Maggie had to head off and as I was in the area, met up with Nick of Debilitators fame. We played some pool, chatted band, watched some shit or other and then I came home later than expected.

No comments: