Friday 20 March 2009

Entertaining...

It's amazing how a week flew by without a single post. My idea was to write something everyday, but I realise that I just don't have the time or the inclination to just drivel away. A short catch up is of order, let me run you through the hustle and indeed the bustle of living in an urban connurbation.
Friday was a right laugh. I was looking forward to showing off the new pad off to the public and although Ian broke the seal, it was really Helen and Matt who took the prize. We shifted all the clutter from the desk and turned it into an actual proper dinner table, where I served a steak and guinness pie I had been cooking for two days!... Obviously it was amazing and I even jujjed it up with a comedy puff pastry penis on the pie crust. We were all talking about it, laughing, you know. and I was carried shoulder high around Stoke Newington for a good couple of hours afterwards. In reality it went down well and we got pissed on wine. Matt and Helen had brought a couple of bottles as well as profiteroles for afters... Which meant that the bread and butter pudding I had lovingly crafted from M&S needed to be eaten on Saturday morning for breakfast.
After breakfast Matt and Helen shuffled off, only to be replaced by Fal and Rach who May entertained all day whilst I stayed in watching films feeling a little delicate. By all accounts it was a lovely day and May took the girls to Clissold Park, the epicentre of all things smugly Stoke Newington. When they returned I levered myself off the sofa and out to get ingredients for dinner which according to Fal, was a 'lush' spaghetti bolognese. They tucked into the vodka before going out to the late licence Brazilian bar. I stayed in watching a documentary about Keith Moon.
On Sunday, May and myself had a small window of time to get some 'picky nibbles' (I hate those words!) from Whole Foods on Church Street, walk to the park and around the spooky cemetary before Ian came over to put the icing on the cake of a good weekend's entertainment.

No comments: