Wednesday 26 November 2008

Genuine pluko

Funny how a smell can whisk you back. I've been out of hair wax for the last couple of days, in the meantime my hair looks as if it's been styled by Crazy Meg. Enough was indeed enough because today I found the pharmacist had some Black & White Genuine Pluko. I've not used, or even seen that stuff since I first moved to London in '94. Nearly fifteen years concertina together allowing a peek into the bathroom at Mornington Terrace, sniffing the heavy applications on bleached hair before a trip to Wong Kei or a night ride around the city on the Fibre Flex... Amazing how you can remember the minutae with one recollecting sniff... The Mean Streets poster and the marker penned picture of 'The Weekend Bacon-Buyer Boy'. The bobble hats on the bannisters and the sounds of Souls of Mischief....
So anyway, I'm hoping to tame that beast with the whip of my youth, tomorrow will be less Crazy Meg and more Slick Rick.

No comments: